Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Best DIY Christmas Gifts

I'm back!!!!

I took a short break from blogging over the Christmas holidays due to a very sick baby and travelling to Florida and back.  We got in late last night and I am currently in the process of rescuing my living room from Christmas craziness.  We came home long enough to drop off all our presents from one Christmas and pack our bags for a week in Florida to visit the in-laws and celebrate Christmas there.  Mix that with a sick baby who wasn't sleeping much at night and you get....one of the BEST Christmas' we've ever had!!!!  Even though the Boss was sick she was a trooper and we had so much fun!

There is so much to blog about and I have a thousand new projects to work on but I wanted to share a few of my gifts that will kick 2011 off on a great foot.

I got this book "Simple Sewing for Baby" by Lotta Jansdotter.  I am so excited about it.  There are a number of projects in this book that I have had my eye on for the Boss.  One of which is the alphabet.  I am going to try and make her the entire Alphabet.  I am also excited about a second diaper bag, a dress, and some cute baby accessories.  Stay tuned! 


This book inspired my first trip to Hobby Lobby in Florida where I purchased some AMAZING fabric at a great price.  Hobby Lobby has officially been added to my must visit stores when in the USA.  I'd show off the fabric but it's currently being washed so it's ready for my first project!

One of my other favourite gifts was this tool set my parents bought me!  
My very own tool set!  The best part is that it's all pink!  I cannot wait to put this to work.  This affirms my DIY desires.  Those I love have confidence in me that I can create wonderful things.  Now it's time to get to work and not disappoint!

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday season!  May 2011 bring you much excitement, happiness and new projects!

No comments: