Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Fashions Re-purposed

Fall really crept up on me this year.  The weather literally switched from hot summer days to crisp cool and sometimes down right chilly nights.  Normally I am so excited to slowly build The Boss' wardrobe but this year it happened too fast.  We got caught without our tights on.

I was thrilled when I saw this tutorial posted on Make it and Love it.


I always love Ashley's projects and  one of my favourite outfits The Boss had last Fall was a gray dress that looked very similar to this. I had the perfect old sweater dress from Victoria's Secret to use and  I love the idea of re-purposing.  I set to work on her dress much to the dismay of the Hubby.  Apparently he loved the dress I cut up...sorry Hubby, it was so two years ago.

I followed her directions, which we so easy to follow and was surprised at how great this dress turned out.  There was only one thing I was not happy with, the neck.  Some how in my cutting, cropping and inexperience I made the neck way too big.  Have a look.


So I opened the neck and strung thin elastic threw and tightened it up.  It worked perfectly!




Proof it was a sweater dress before, here's the label and all. It was a cowl neck style hence the larger hem at the bottom of the dress.  I actually really like how this looks in the completed project.


This dress is cozy, soft and versatile.  I am thinking about adding a flower or something that clips on and off to spice it up a little.  All and all a great dress for free and the perfect outfit for a trip to the doctor.  Gotta love cold season!






No comments: