Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Can you say upgrade?

I started with this...


I now own this...


That's right, I am one of the lucky ladies who ended up with a new sewing machine for Christmas.  A little over a year ago I purchased my first sewing machine.  It was a Shark.  That's right, the same people who make steamers, vacuums, and dust busters also make a sewing machine.  That should've been my first clue.   I actually knew it wouldn't be great but, I wanted to start with a cheap one to see if I actually used it.  When it went on sale last year for $70 I jumped at it.  Problem was, I used it a ton.  The Shark is perfect for the occasional straight line, however that is not what I want to do.  I want to make clothes, try quilting and possibly make an appearance as a designer on project runway...just kidding.  I actually really enjoy sewing and found myself getting so frustrated when my machine couldn't keep up to my creativity.  

NOT ANYMORE...this new machine is way out of my league.  I have a lot of making up to do, to impress this puppy.  Luckily, the store where my machine was purchased has a class you can take on your machine.  They will show you how to get the most from your machine.  Stay tuned for lots of projects and a make-over of my creative domain.  It currently looks like this, and doesn't really scream creative haven.  Don't worry, I've got big plans for it.



Who else got a new machine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous!

Melissa Hare said...

Yay!!! I got a sewing machine for Christmas too! A sweet little surprise from Frankie! You need to teach me how to use it! Lol