I started by collecting my materials. I already had most of the materials so all I purchased was the headbands from the dollar store. Each set of ears therefore cost me $1 to make.
I started by cutting the ear shapes out of some foam I had and then covering them with black satin I had. I sewed the satin leaving one end open to insert the foam. I removed the sequence flowers then glued the ears to the headband.
Next, I cut two squares from the poke-a-dot material and sewed the wrong sides together. I left a small whole open and then flipped the material right side out. I trimmed the edges, ironed and then top stitched it all the way around. Once the squares were completed, I loosely stitched through the center and cinched it tight to make the bow.
I glued the bow on between the ears. They aren't perfect but The Boss didn't care. She LOVED them!
The Boss and her cousin are hams. At Two years old they know how to strike a pose!
My poor nephew, he is always stuck with the two girls. For him, I made a Mickey hat. I cut two ears out of black scrapbook paper and glued them to a red party hat for him. He seemed please and was more than happy to pose with TWO Minnies!