Monday, August 8, 2011

Cottage Country Wedding

This is a blow-dryer, not a vacume....I know right?  I was shocked too.  You can imagine my surprise when I walked into my hotel room this weekend and found this, but I am getting a little bit ahead of myself.

Mr. D and I attended a wedding for our friends this weekend.  The wedding was about three and a half hours from our house in a popular area of cottage country up North. Excited to celebrate our friends and for the opportunity to get away, we decided to make a weekend of it.  My parents gladly took The Girl overnight, who unfortunately for them, had a fever all weekend (teething).  We packed our bags and headed for the boonies!

After what seemed like the longest drive in the world, down busy highways and twisty cottage roads, we reached our destination.  The hotel was not quiet as it appeared on the website (we've all been there) but we were with our friends and baby free so we decided to make the best of it.  We later found out, when we visited our friends hotel, that our hotel was a palace compared to the only other hotel in the area.

Gotta love cottage country!

While our hotel did not exactly meet our expectations, the wedding we attended exceed all my expectations.  The ceremony was outside at the Bride's parents restaurant with the reception at the Groom's parents house.   Both locations were breathtaking, and the decor super chic. Just take a look for yourself, it looks like a movie right?


I was in love with their seating chart, and the wooden signs they painted to direct their guests.








There were so many other beautiful touches.  The cakes on the centre of the table looked beautiful and served as dessert after dinner.  One guest at the table served the others just as marriage is about serving another person and demonstration of love.



They used green apples as their thank-yous to their guests and scattered throughout the decor.  I loved the bright splash of colour.  The other guests seemed to enjoy them as well.



They also had an amazing band!  We definitely danced the night away, probably one of the most fun weddings I have ever been to. 


Us with some friends and the beautiful couple.


The best part of the whole wedding???  Travelling with this guy!  You think he looks hot here...you should've seen him on the dance floor!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys are sweet. Adore your dress!!

Mark and Tara said...

You look sooo cute! LOVE your dress!!