Monday, October 18, 2010

Baby Tights

  There's only one thing I hate about fall...falling tights!  Don't get me wrong, I love the look of opaque tights with a skirt and boats however, when they fall down I want to scream.  As the fall fashions started appearing in the stores I fell in love with all the cute patterned tights for baby girls, but couldn't imagine trying to wrestle The Boss into them.   With the cold weather coming it's inevitable, she's going to need tights, so I went on a hunt for the best tights in town.  Baby Girl Mommas read on!

  The key to great tights is not the store you purchase them from it's what the tights are made of.  I have purchased two very different pairs of tights from the same store and love one and hate the other. Here is what I've learned.   The tights I like the most are mainly cotton (70%) , with spandex (25%) and a small amount of nylon (5%).  The tights I hate have lots of nylon and lycra.  My favourites also have the shape of feet cut out this helps them to cling to the Boss' legs and fit comfortably.  The mainly lycra ones bag on the top of her feet instead of clinging making them baggy all over.  When you find a pair your thinking about buying flip them over and read through the materials.  I have found some great pairs at OshKosh, Children's place and local baby boutiques.

  There are tons of adorable options on the market right now.  If you can't find what you want you could always try your hand at making your own.  Check out this tutorial here.  Pretty sure this is a project I will not be trying but those of you who love to sew might find this fun.  Let me know how they turn out.

So cute!  Seen on Made By Rae

Adorable little tights by Baby Legs
The Boss has a pair of these cupcake tights which I love

No comments: