Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Not Your Average Pumpkins

When I was up at the cottage I noticed this window display and I thought I had to share this.
 I know this picture isn't great.  I was taking it through a glass window, but I couldn't help but take a picture.   If you can't really tell they have spray painted the pumpkins a bright pink colour and decorated them with pearls.  Adorable!  They are also sitting on top of clear vases with white mini pumpkins and pearls in them.  Such a cute idea.

While I didn't get time for this project this year (I guess there is still a little time) it is definitely something to keep in mind for the future.  All of the fall decorations will soon be going on clearance so here are some ideas to watch for in the sales.  If you make them out of plastic you can use them year after year!

The writer of Little Inspirations sprayed these plastic pumpkins silver to look like Faux Mercury pumpkins.  These look identical to those purchased at Pottery Barn.


These ones are also super cute found on Domestically Speaking.  She shows how to do a faux mercury finish as well.  I personally like the combination of flat and shinny.

Finally, I thought this idea was also adorable.  Probably a lot of work, however if you were having Halloween party they are super cute.  They can be found here by Victoria Lavender. 

No comments: