Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Twine All Over The House

Continuing with my love for Fall, this twine vase seen on The Birds Papaya caught my attention.  I read through her tutorial and decided to give it a try myself.  One tip I will give is that she used white glue and I used a glue gun.  White glue is way easier than a glue gun.  I used the gun because that's what I had at home and I thought it would be easier, however it took me forever to complete this project while Birds Papaya was able to complete this project in about 20 min.  Once I was done I loved it, however there are a number of hours of my life that I will never get back invested in this one piece.




When doing research for my twine vase project I came across a number of adorable projects others have done.  Here is some inspiration.

Hare Styling used twine to wrap the ends of twigs and placed them in a clear vase adding texture to the bottom of the twigs and adding interest through the clear vase.   This makes a beautiful fall piece.


The below vase was seen on Bravo Bride as a suggestion for table numbers at a wedding.  With the right decor this could be adorable, and inexpensive for an outdoor wedding or dinner party.


I've seen trees like this at Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel at Christmas time.  These stores sell these for upwards of $20 a piece.  These can be made for less than $5 a piece or cheaper depending on what materials you already have at home.  These simple pieces will add texture and class to your holiday decorations.


Finally, I love the below designs created by David Stark for West Elm last Christmas.  I love how unique these look yet how easy they are to create.  I was at West Elm last week and love what he has come up with for this Holiday Season.  Stay tune, as I try a DIY of some of his creations this year.

No comments: