Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Birthday Party Project #2- Flag Banner

For The Boss' party I was dying to do a flag banner.  While in Florida I picked up this fabric at JoAnn with the intention of making a banner for the party.    


I ironed interface to the back of the fabric to give it some substance then cut triangles out of the fabric.  Mine were 7 inches across the top and 8 inches in length.


Once all the pieces were cut, I set up a pattern with the pieces I had.  I decided where I wanted each of the colours.  I then sewed the triangles to a white ribbon the length of the area I wanted to hang the banner.


Once it's complete hang the banner.  It looked AMAZING!  It was youthful, fun and added a great splash of colour.


Helpful Tips

  • Make your triangles 7inches wide and 8 inches long
  • Use a thick ribbon (I used one 1/4 inch thick and it was hard to sew on).  Next time I would use a thicker ribbon and sew along the top and bottom of the ribbon.
  • Buy small fabric pieces, you can probably grab them in the ends section if you are a frequent shopper and look often.  I bought a 1/4 of a yard of each fabric and only used about half of each piece. 

No comments: