I recently completed two projects for the Boss' nursery. I created a frame to hang her hair bows and I spiced up letters above her crib.
First, I started with the yellow frame seen in this picture. I picked it up at a thrift store for $2. I disassembled it and sprayed it white.
Next, I cut a piece of cardboard to fit in the frame. I then glued batting to the cardboard and covered it with material. I then glued pieces of ribbon to the board in an X pattern and glued buttons to where the ribbons crossed to add detail.
When this was done I put the finished product in the frame I sprayed and hung it on her wall. It looked great and was perfect for hanging all her bows on.
The second project was her name letters. These are her letters pre-makeover. I felt like they were boring and didn't really add anything to the look of the room. Let's also talk about how they hung awkwardly on the ribbons.
I traced the letters onto scrapbook paper and then cut them out. I then mod-podged them to the painted letters and trimmed off the excess.
When they were dry I hung them on her wall. I know, the second "E" needs some adjusting.
To see her full nursery feel free to check it out on Project Nursery.
Just awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award.
Come on over and pick it up:
Thank you for stopping by my blog!! I am a new follower!!
Post a Comment