Monday, November 14, 2011

Etsy= Easy, AGAIN!

I have had yet another wonderful experience with Etsy.

With Christmas decor hitting the stores like crazy I am in the spirit really early this year.   My Hubby doesn't let me decorate until further into November so the only "Christmas item" I could get started on was our Christmas card.  I really like the idea of photo Christmas cards, especially when your kids are young and you live far away from extended family.  Every year I find it difficult to get a good photo of the entire family.  It is literally like pulling teeth to get Mr. D to comply.  Last year it was a total fluke that we got a cute picture.  He took a self portrait of us right after we finished decorating the tree and it turned out great.  Enter Christmas card 2010!


  I didn't even tell him I was going to use it for our Christmas card or he wouldn't have taken it.  
Tricky, I know!

Last weekend I was shopping with my Mom and found the cutest red tule skirt at Gymboree.  Since it was on sale with 30% off the sale price it was the perfect piece for our Princess.  She loves to be fancy, but is also a little bit of a tom boy.  She is rough and tough and puts her clothing through a beating.  This inspired my editorial style photo shoot (more on this later).  I know, who do I think I am?  I am no photographer.  I have a little point and shoot camera but I loved the idea of mixing patterns, styles and letting The Girl run free outside.  What better subject than an 18 month old toddler.  She definitely has an opinion but I am way bigger than her.  If only I was bigger than my hubby....

Originally I tried this shoot as a practice.  I was going to add my hubby and myself and get my older sister to take the picture.  When I captured this shot and saw this Christmas card, I knew it was a match! Cute family card without organizing the entire family...Etsy = Easy.


Let me introduce you to Jocie of Cards Etcetera.  She has, in my opinion, some of the cutest holiday cards around.  The best part is that Mr. D was as happy with my selection as I was.  Her service was super fast and she was so accommodating.  We needed one minor change and she was more than happy to do so.  My cards were complete with edits in about 2 hours.  Awesome!  If you are looking for a cute design check her out here.  You will not be disappointed.

Also, for my Canadian readers, I received an email from Blacks Photography offering 50 5x7's for $5 all this week (Ending November 17).  This means my total Christmas card expense with printing will be $20 (without postage) plus I will have gotten a few extra photos on top of that, which always makes the Grandparents and Great-Grandparents super happy.

Where are you getting your Christmas cards done?

No comments: