Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baby Tights

The weather is turning cool hear and so las weekend I had to dash out to the store to buy The Boss tights to wear to church.  Last year I posted about Baby Tights here, but it's that time of year again and I think this is hugely important for Mama's of Baby Girls to pick the right pair! There is nothing more annoying than saggy tights...think about it, when your tights sag you feel like you have filled your pants, so uncomfortable.  Now, think about if you are wearing a diaper and likely have filled your pants...ugh terrible.  No wonder babies in tights are crabby.  I think there's no reason girls can't look fabulous and be comfortable while doing it.

So incase you missed my first post on this or don't feel like clicking here, these are my tips!

The key to great tights is not the store you purchase them from it's what the tights are made of.  I have purchased two very different pairs of tights from the same store and love one and hate the other. Here is what I've learned.   The tights that fit the best are mainly cotton (70%), with spandex (25%) and a small amount of nylon (5%).  The tights I hate have lots of nylon and lycra.  My favourites also have the shape of feet cut out this helps them to cling to the Boss' legs and fit comfortably.  The mainly lycra ones bag on the top of her feet instead of clinging making them baggy all over.  When you find a pair your thinking about buying flip them over and read through the materials.


Here are little girl tights I am LOVING this season!

The Gap has really done a great job with their tights.  I love the colour of these dark violet tights, and these cute striped ones.  I also love the ruffles on the bum.  The Boss had a pair of these last year, they were awesome.


 

.
I also LOVE these from Target.  They only go up to 12 M but if The Boss was younger I would for sure be picking these up.

What Baby tights are you loving?

Linking up Here:



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness. My Mom got my daughter these adorable tights with the little shoes on the bottom (like that last pink polka dot pair up there) and they have to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. She wears them ALL THE TIME now. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a standard $3 walmart pair into some by sewing, so hopefully it works out. Stopping by from Help a Momma Out linky party.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Love your post!! SO true! I'm a momma to girls and tights are SO fun! Thanks for sharing and linking up! Featuring you and your cute blog tomorrow :) Feel free to grab a featured button and get you brag on :)

Thanks again so much for visiting our blog J&M's Eye Candy Hope you come back and visit us again :)